Sunday, January 4, 2015

"Try The Grey Stuff; it's Delicious!"

So my niece, Shannon Castellanos, called me yesterday to ask me if I had tried the "Grey Stuff" at Disneyland.  She figured Christina D. Schultz and I would have heard of and tasted it, since we pride ourselves on being Disneyland experts, but neither one of us knew about this secret!  Anyway, after some research, my niece found out it is served at "Be Our Guest" restaurant in the Magic Kingdom.  I even called Disney Dining, and they confirmed that this dessert is only served at Disneyworld.  If you are wondering about "The Grey Stuff," it is from the song Lumiere sings to Belle in Beauty and the Beast, when she finally comes out of her room after refusing to eat with the Beast.  I found the recipe on You Tube, and I had to try it!  It is basically a very fancy Oreo cookie mousse.  Of course, mine looks nothing like (or probably tastes even close) Disneyworld's version.  I doubt I will be putting this on my bucket list, though.  I have had more amazing meals and desserts in my life.  It was a fun experiment, though!




No comments:

Post a Comment